FLEAS & TICKS
Fleas are small, wingless insects similar to bed bugs with the ability to jump incredibly long distances. Fleas feed off human and animal blood. Where one or two fleas are found there will soon be a colony because they breed quickly. A flea plague can be difficult to get rid of because treatment for adult fleas will not affect the eggs.
Mr Pest Controller usually breed on pets laying up to fifty eggs a day.
Flea bites are usually itchy and cause skin diseases and serious health issues in both animals and humans.
The two types of ticks and the three types of fleas that can be found in Australia are as follows:
- Paralysis tick & Brown Dog Tick – both cause death in cats and dogs;
- Cat fleas
- Dog Fleas
- Human Fleas
What You Can Do
- Vacuum all floor surfaces with particular attention to any cracks and crevices.
- Immediately dispose of the vacuum cleaner contents by enclosing it in a double bag, sealing it and putting it in the bin.
- Wash all pet bedding items in hot water that is greater than sixty degree Celsius for at least ten minutes.
- Never invite untreated animals around as they might become a potential source of flea.
- Block access to crawl spaces under the house.
- Keep any shaded, moist areas free from debris.
- Ticks that are found on pets require thorough and cautious removal. Some products protect the animal, but do not kill the fleas. Bath your pet in a flea solution from the vet or the supermarket. Use a flea collar too.
Getting Rid of Fleas and Ticks
Before you call us, you may get rid of fleas and ticks by following the general suggestions such as:
- Clean the general surroundings and animal bedding items thoroughly
- Vacuum the carpets. Throw away the vacuum cleaner bag as it contains eggs and fleas
- Make use of a “flea bomb” and appropriate spray inside the house. Follow the direction carefully
- Treat the outdoor areas used by pets like kennels with the use of insecticides. Wear long-sleeved and gloves as protective clothing
- Repeat the process once or even twice. This is because flea eggs survive for only weeks
Our treatments are pet and child friendly.
We offer 100% satisfaction guarantee
In addition, we have a 3-fold assurance:
- FREE Quote & Fixed Price Guarantee
- Safety Guarantee, the chemicals used are safe and non-toxic
- Results Guarantee, when you’re happy, we’re happy