Cockroaches are active in Melbourne in summer and autumn as they look for food and water. This is when they are most likely to become a pest.
Cockroaches are a major problem for any food handling business. Besides the health risk of food contamination and damage to stores, there is likely to be significant negative publicity if becomes known that cockroaches have been found on the premises.
Most cockroaches are native species and only a few varieties of these actually pose significant health risks.
How Do You Know You have a problem?
Cockroaches are mainly active at night but can be found at any time, particularly if there are significant numbers in the area.
They leave behind their droppings and vomit which are telltale signs of their presence.
Steps You Can Take
- After food preparation, remove all food from the area e.g. cover with a secure lid or place in refrigerator or other isolated storage area
- Don’t leave pools of water where food is prepared.
- Remove all rubbish from the food preparation area.
- Try to prevent cockroaches raiding your rubbish bins by wrapping rubbish, rinsing bottles and keeping the area clean.
- Block access holes around pipes and drains and any other gap that might allow unseen access.
How Can Mr Pest Controller help?
What will we do if you have a cockroach problem?
After examining the problem, our technician will make a recommendation. It may include both chemical and non-chemical treatments.
Chemical treatments include approved sprays, dusts and gels that have proven successful against cockroaches.
Non chemical treatments include glue boards and various traps.
At Mr Pest Controller, all our staff are highly trained, pest control professionals licensed by the Australian Department of Health and Human Services.
All our chemicals are safe, eco-friendly and biodegradable.
All treatments meet the strict health regulations of the Australian Government, as per Section101 of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (PHW Act) and the Public Health and Wellbeing Regulations 2009 (PHW Regulations).
Our treatments are pet and child friendly.
We offer 100% satisfaction guarantee
In addition, we have a 3-fold assurance:
- FREE Quote & Fixed Price Guarantee
- Safety Guarantee, the chemicals used are safe and non-toxic
- Results Guarantee, when you’re happy, we’re happy